Location: Mid-Atlantic US
Date Posted: March, 2017
We are ideally looking to hire Senior .NET Developers who are Sitecore certified with Sitecore CMS experience. If you are a .NET Developer with sustained lead developer / lead architect experience, and experience working with CMS, but not necessarily Sitecore certified or with Sitecore experience but are excited to learn, we still want to hear from you!
The candidate should be comfortable working through structured, modular, and well-documented development processes, but also have enough flexibility to work in a mid-size and busy company working in teams on rapid-development projects.
In addition to building large websites and applications for clients and functioning as a lead architect on projects, this role will work closely with the Technical Director on internal projects that promote the maintenance, standardization, adoption and documentation of best development practices. This includes activities such as researching current advances in development methodology and new technologies.
Maturity, creativity, strong problem-solving abilities, a detail-oriented and best practices approach to one’s work, and the general ability to understand client needs expressed in multiple types of requirements are a must. We are seeking candidates who are meticulous, hard-working, able to multitask, have a high level of focus, and have a strong inherent interest in developing outstanding websites that solve real world problems. Strong written and verbal communication skills are important as well as a high level of personal organization. A focus on completing scheduled work within budgeted hours for a project, good stress management, and the ability to meet deadlines are essential.
The position requires the developer to be capable of working on the complete project life-cycle of implementing, extending and integrating complex content management systems. Candidate should be able to work well with project teams, as well as interface with clients as needed. The position requires a senior level candidate that serves as the internal technical team leader as well as the lead developer / technical architect interfacing with the client.
- Evaluating request for proposal documents and providing estimates
- Attending new business, client presentations, and industry conferences as needed
- Providing hours estimates and maintaining timelines
- Assisting in requirements gathering
- Providing critical review of wireframes and functional designs
- Developing solution architecture and database design
- Generating requirements documentation
- Performing problem-solving around new technologies and API integrations
- Coding the project and managing the tasks of co-developers as well as code review of co-developers
- Performing load, performance and scalability testing
- Managing bug fixing during the Q/A phases
- Performing deployments to production environments
- Writing documentation for and performing client training
- Supporting existing websites with new development and performing maintenance tasks
- Contributing to technical knowledge and expanding the company’s outside presence through writing blog posts and participating in online developer communities and forums as applicable
The position requires the developer to possess 3 – 5+ years of professional experience regarding the following and should be able to demonstrate current capabilities that are comparable to our existing standards:
- ASP.Net (C#)
- Visual Studio
- Object-oriented programming concepts
- Relational database concepts
- HTML and CSS
- Technical writing
Other skills considered a plus:
- Major 3rd party CMS (i.e., Sitecore, Umbraco, EpiServer, Adobe, and Ektron)
- TDS, TFS
- jQuery and AJAX
- Git source control management
- Continuous integration tools (i.e., Octopus, Team City, Hudson, Jenkins)
- LAMP (Python, PHP)
- Performance and functional testing tool use